Friday, April 17, 2009

Year of Natural Fibers

I've got a few links for the devoted fiber artist to check out!

For me, fiber arts isn't just about knitting, spinning, fun colors and textures. It's about learning about the animals that create the fiber I love, and the traditions that helped the industry become what it is today.

2009 is the International Year of Natural Fibers.

One of my favorite magazine's is Wild Fibers. For me, it's like the National Geographic of Fiber Arts.

Keep the Fleece was put together to celebrate the International Year of Natural Fibers, to raise money in conjunction with the Heifer Organization, and they are holding a Natural Fiber Contest (submit your entry by September 1st 2009).

I am really hoping that I can tuck my spinning wheel and knitting needles away long enough to write about some of the sources of natural fibers this year, so check back though out 2009.

No comments: