Monday, May 6, 2013

Lesson Learned

Always check your gloves before you put them on. I can not stress this enough!

For whatever reason I didn't take my own advise this past Saturday. I don't know why. I just wasn't thinking, and I paid for it. Within moments of putting on my gloves I felt a searing hot pain run down my two middle fingers on my left hand. I threw my glove off so fast that I never saw what did it. It was worse than any bee or scorpion sting I have ever gotten. The pain radiated down my fingers so I couldn't move them.

Luckily the pain didn't last long. After taking some pain killers and sitting with ice on my hand for 30 or so minutes I was able to function again with very minimal pain, and I thought that was the end of it.

Bug Bite

But I was wrong. The next day, yesterday, my hand started to itch, and then it started to swell, and before I knew it the back of my hand was puffy and squishy and the skin was tight and hot. It didn't stop me from working, but it sure wasn't pleasant. I don't think this picture really shows off how swollen it was (and still is, another day later.

Swollen hand from bug bite

Always check your gloves before you put them on! Perhaps next time I will remember that, I hope.

No comments: