I’ve created a knit-along in the spirit of holiday giving and keeping animals warm for the winter. I hope lots of people want to participate and donate to the animal shelter of their choice. Since the holiday season is a busy time the knit/crochet-along will last until Mid March.
“Helping Hands for Homeless Animals is a Knit/Crochet-a-long where yarn crafters can use their abilities to help animals at their local shelters stay warm this winter.”
This knit/crochet-along can be found on myspace at Helping Hands for Homeless Animals and on ravelry at Helping Hands for Homeless Animals
Both groups will be included together as the same, just more places for more people to get involved!
Be sure to check out the Unloved Yarn group on Myspace, since that is where this idea was born and is a great place to swap yarns and get ideas for critter projects!
* The Knit-Along will start officially on Saturday, October 20th 2007- which is National Make a Difference Day (www.makeadifference.com).
* The Knit-Along will end on the First Day of Spring 2008- which is March 20th. This gives everyone plenty of time after the holidays to commit to the project (5 full months).
* People can join anytime during the duration of the knitalong, but only projects that are completed by the finish date will be included in the tally.
* Everyone will donate to the animal shelter of their choice.
* We can keep tabs of completed projects by posting pictures (I'm also toying with the idea of goal progress bars, but I'll get that figured out when the group gets going.)
* Projects can include anything that you think with help the animals- but the pattern needs to be posted and shared with the group (if from a book, list the book and pattern name).
I’m dedicating all of my projects to my kitty Ginger who was hit by a car and killed about a month ago.