Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lots of Progress

I have been so bad lately about keeping my blog updated with what I have been knitting! I’m really freaking out about Christmas so I have been knitting during all of my free time. I’m averaging about 1 project every 5 days. I have 8 projects left, which means I will need about 40 days to complete them- there are only 54 days left until Christmas! See my Christmas Countdown at the bottom of the page. That isn’t leaving me a lot of time to spare AND get things in the mail. I’m making sure to knit presents in order of distance that they need to be mailed. I just finished Maine and New York and am currently working on Montana. All the rest are in California so they can wait until early December. And then I am left with the question- “What About Me?!” So I am also making very slow progress on a couple of lacy hats for myself.

So on with the projects! Here are a few that have been completed:

I completed the Convertible Mittens from Knit.1 magazines Fall 2007 issue. I knit them in a green wool/acrylic blend. I think the mitten part turned out really well, but the flap was way to small, then the modifications I added made them a little bit to long. I think that adding a few extra rows to the original pattern at the beginning should be enough to get them the right length. I’m still debating whether or not I’m going to redo them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am also 95% done with the first of 2 Santa Hats from Cider Moon that can be found here- Santa’s Ho-Ho Hat . It was a very simple pattern and looks really great. I used Cascade 220 wool and all I have left to do is make the pom pom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was also feeling very left out so I started 2 projects for myself, although, they may take a long time to finish since the Christmas knitting takes priority. I started the Foliage Hat from Knitty found here Foliage Hat and another Lace Slant Hat found here Lace Slant Hat .

I’m knitting the Foliage Hat in an orange banana silk yarn-which is not for the faint hearted knitter! If you like things to be perfect never knit with this yarn! It is very inconsistent in texture, gauge, and color. But I really love it! And the Lace Slant Hat is going to be in a green wool/bamboo blend that Brian got me for my birthday. It’s going to be so great! I’m really excited!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More to come later I’m sure!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the Nagano Sakura scarf! I don't remember that one from Knitty. But, sometimes I have to look patterns over 3 or 4 times to REALLY see them.

And the Santa Hat....very sexy!