Topi Hat from Knitty.com
I really loved this pattern. I finished the project in June 2007.
For it I chose Bamboo’s 100% bamboo yarn in a navy blue. This yarn is so soft!
The project starts by knitting from the crown down, all in one piece. My stitches for the center of the crown were to loose even though I was trying to pull them as tight as possible. It still turned out well though.
I had some problems with the bill. I wanted it to curve so my husband formed it for me, using the thick plastic mesh used for needlepoint, by heating it with an old iron. He used 2 pieces to make it thicker and melted them together. But, as soon as it was washed, the bill cracked into multiple pieces. Second time around we used an old Tupperware lid, heated it slightly to bend, and it seems to be fine.
The pictures are of the hat before putting in the bill.