Monday, September 17, 2007

Pumpkin Hat

So I wanted to knit my dad this really cool pumpkin hat for his birthday since is it towards the beginning of fall, but it just didn’t work out in time. I picked Rowan Summer Tweed in a burnt orange shade because tweed looks awesome and it was the only shade of orange that I could find that wasn’t neon. But man is it a pain to work with. I’m considering this project done because I did finish it, it just stretched out really bad after I finished. I don’t blame the pattern, I blame the yarn.

So I ran out of time to redo it(in case it came out wrong again) and decided to knit a simple head hugger (because I really love the pattern) in Kraemer Yarns Mauch Chunky in Kiwi.

If you want to knit the pumpkin hat (like I will be doing with a different yarn later) you can find it at:
Adult Pumpkin Hat

The only problem with the pattern is that the cast on numbers are totally off (unless you want your pumpkin hat to fit a pumpkin). Just multiply your gauge for a single inch by the circumference of your head in inches( i.e. 4 stitches per inch x 21 inch head circumference). Then round it down to fit in the nearest zero number (80,90, etc) because the pattern goes in multiples of 10.

Pumpkin Hat:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Head Hugger (see previous post for where to get the pattern):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: