Tuesday, November 13, 2007

R.I.P. Raja

So, tonight my husband and I made the decision that it was time to let our cat Raja go. I had only had him for a few years, but he was old when I adopted him. He developed cancer, which we found out about a few months ago. We decided then that we would do everything we could to help him be comfortable, but when he showed signs of being in pain that we would put him down.

He maintained his wonderful spirit, but a few days ago he seemed to be very tired and was struggling to breathe. Yesterday we took him to the vet, got some pain pills, gave him fluids, and discussed our options. Last night he stopped purring when we touched him and he could barely walk. I spent today taking care of him but I knew it wasn't right to let him suffer. We took him to the vet this evening and let him go. He and Ginger are buried next to each other.

On the counter at the vet they had a quote of the week. It read something like "If I had a star for every time my cat made me smile I would hold all the stars from the night sky in my hands". That is so true.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rest in peace Raja (11-13-07) and Ginger (10-25-07)


I'll post knitting updates soon- I do have quite a few ;)

1 comment:

highflyinsm said...

Tag! Something fun anyway.

Sorry to hear about Raja, it's hard to lose a pet I know.