Monday, November 19, 2007

Biggy Quick Knit Caplet

This one I knit in an evening. It was literally- my husband went to bed, and when he woke up it was finished, laying out on the table for his inspection. I wanted something for my grandmother that she didn’t have to fuss with, that would keep her warm without taking up space or needing to be wrapped around her several times like a scarf. She’s in a wheelchair and only has the use of one arm so I think this caplet will be perfect.

You can find the caplet here:
Biggy Caplet
I used Filati FF Funky yarn in purple and ended up using about 4.25 skeins. I knit 2 together to get the right gauge. I had 6 skeins available to use and I think I should have used them all, but it’s long enough to cover her shoulders. The only problem I had was that it was a tight squeeze to keep all the stitches on one needle. I spent way too much time squishing them together.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: