Saturday, November 17, 2007

Foliage Hat

This one is for me. I was feeling a bit neglected and since I bought the green and orange banana silk yarn with the intention of making something that reminded me of fall, I figured that waiting until winter or spring was not on the agenda.

The Foliage Hat was the perfect pattern for this yarn, although with the variations in size and texture the leaves don’t show up as well. I plan on making another one later, but for now this one is perfect. I used up one skein of orange and the border is in green. The green bled really bad all over my fingers and now I’m afraid to wear the hat, but since it’s a pithy hat style (I modified the pattern a little bit to be- just did less foliage and decreased the ribbing to fit my head snuggly) the green lies over my hair, so bleeding will only be a problem if it rains or I sweat a lot.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: